In your 8+ years within the civil industry, you've acquired not only the technical skills that make you an asset in your current role, but you've learnt how to get the best out of the people around you. Unfortunately their best isn't quite that great.
The key behind their high standards and performance at this busy multidisciplinary consultancy is in their selection. They don't compromise on quality hires, which elevates the entire team.
Apart from the well resourced team, expect:
- Challenging consent preparation of 100+ lot subdivisions
- Smaller division so keep control of the entire process from concept through to delivery
- Engage directly with developers, council and other services on a regular basis
- Reputation for handling complex greenfield sites with unique earthwork volumes and sediment control issues
- Number of flood and overland flow issues so expect draining design as well as stormwater retention, detention and mitigation to come up
The Director has a passion for growing engineers and mentoring them. It's a short way from Principal, and potential shareholding for the right person.
8+ years of Civil Engineering experience within a consultancy in New Zealand required. Ideally proficient with Civil3D and have your CPEng or be close to receiving it.